Search Unity

Building Windows Standalone - Freezes on "Building Resources folder"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Zergling103, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Zergling103

Zergling103

Hi there,

A really troubling problem I've come across is that Unity often (if not always) freezes when trying to build a standalone executable. It hangs on the "Building Resources folder" step and never continues to the end.

Our project is fairly large, but when Unity does successfully build (not sure why it does sometimes) it takes under a minute.

I'm grasping at straws here. I tried renaming the build, placing it in different folders, closing everything except unity, opening a new empty scene before building... I'm on the verge of praying to the Unity gods and sacrificing small animals in hopes that they'll allow my game to be built. (Brb while I restart my computer~)

If anyone knows why this happens, has come across things that worked or otherwise has leads please let me know. Thank you.

-Steve

2. Zergling103

Zergling103

Restarting didn't help.

3. Zergling103

Zergling103

Bump - We really need help with this problem as we are trying to get a new build out for the Summer Sale on Steam and this is the only roadblock keeping us from doing that.

4. algumacoisaqq

algumacoisaqq

Hey, I'm having the same problem, was there any solution to it??

5. PlaycorpStudios

PlaycorpStudios

Six years later and I'm running into that same issue :(

6. ErikH2000

ErikH2000

Me too. And I don't see solutions or explanations in other threads.

I have tried rebooting. Reimporting all assets. Restarting Unity. Closing other files. The editor log gave no insights.

There are a few 3rd-party assets in my project that use "Resources" folders but there is nothing inside of them that is large or suspect.

Next steps for me are probably pretty painful. Basically creating a new project and copying over assets slowly until I have a working build again. This is a project with many assets, so I'm not looking forward to that.

I'm on 2019.4.13f1 MacOS. My project built fine a week ago. Probably something in my project changed that causes this since I have not upgraded Unity in that time. But I can't think of anything obvious, so I'll have to work through the painful process above, I guess.

Grrr.