Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Building will 75% of the time throw me into a new empty scene

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by MrLucid72, Mar 26, 2017.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

1. Build.

2. Find yourself randomly in an empty scene either at the beginning or at the end.

5.6f1

2. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

I just tested building my project and it worked fine, which leads me to believe that it might be something project-related that triggers this issue.

If it's project related, thus can't be reproduced easily with any project, I think Unity requires more information to figure out what's going on.

If receiving a fix for it is important to you, I suggest to report the issue following the guidelines in this document and post the Case # in this forum thread afterwards.

From my experience with Unity QA so far:
    It's most important to submit a (small) project that they can use to reproduce the issue along with "How to reproduce" steps that can be easily executed. The easier it's for QA to reproduce an issue, the more likely it gets passed to a developer.

LeonhardP likes this.
  3. mgear

mgear

works here also (tested on webgl build)

i think sometimes that happened if output folder/file is open, so files are locked when it tries to build..

KyleOlsen likes this.
  4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I would suggest bug reporting it. 75% is enough to reproduce on Unity's side. I think it might be an asset you use that preprocesses on play or build, that crashes or something that could potentially cause this. Just guessing so to avoid guessing, report it.

5. sgower

sgower

I've had this happen too a few times. I don't run builds very often, so am not sure what percentage of the time this happens.

6. KyleOlsen

KyleOlsen

If your build is stopped for any reason you can be left in a blank scene. This includes having the log file open from a previous build while attempting to overwrite with a new build, causing a write failure.