Search Unity

Building to iMAC from a Unity3D Build that is verified working in Windows? Help please.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Deleted User, May 20, 2018.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi,

I have a completed game and wish to export the MAC equivalent in Unity3D. Seeing as OpenGL is the graphics standard the cross over should be easy enough with PC builds that also use OpenGL. OpenGL as you know is used in iphones too. So the MAC build is always a precursor to a working mobile build, minus the control system (W,A,S,D controls instead of accelerometer).

With the latest game build working in windows (W,A,S,D controls) it is time to try it on the iMac.

However the build settings on "PC,MAC and LINUX" only allow "Windows" or "Linux" on the target platform. There is no MAC in the drop down, even though MAC is highlighted on the left tab.

XCode is not needed yet because we don't want to publish on mac store or the app store. We need build and gameplay testing. Unless it is only able to run in XCode? But the tickbox for 'development build' has not been checked. It is in theory a release build (that works fine on PC).

I have managed to install the iOS plug in for Unity and now can publish to iPADs and iPhones (in theory) and the build did export fine there as a test.

Essentially I need a dmg file that will just run on a Mac. All the hard technical stuff about porting the game comes later.

How do you build on the mac and why cant I select it in the option?

Thanks.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

My guess is you don't have the Mac build tools actually installed. Run the Unity installer again and pick that option.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

Ive just seen the 'Mac mono' option in the installer which I downloaded again and it seems I missed this. Its hidden away but hopefully it will work. Installing now!

JoeStrout likes this.