Search Unity

Building the game shows an error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by voltcutter0, May 17, 2021.

1. voltcutter0

voltcutter0

I am new and only built one game 1 month ago(this will matter later in the post). I opened the that game exe file and it worked.

So I made a new game because why not, after I finished adding the player and some other stuff like the level, I tried exporting the game by building and running. I waited for it to finish but I got an error and I checked the folder that I built it in and it wasn't there. I got really confused because I did the same thing with that old game and it worked so I don't know why this one didn't work this time.

There aren't any compiler errors when I play it in the editor however I do know that I made the game in HDRP and Bolt so is that the problem?

There were three errors in the console and I attached them as a text file because one error was really long and I don't want this to be marked as spam

I tried restarting Unity, trying other build settings, changing from 64 bit back and forth, and even renaming the folder

Attached Files:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I don't build for Windows much these days but builderror1.txt might be because you have IL2CPP enabled. I think that's still optional for Windows builds, so perhaps try turning that setting off? I think it is in:

Project Settings -> Player Settings -> OtherSettings and it might be labelled Scripting Backend. See if it would work as Mono instead of IL2CPP.