Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Building project with Deferred renderer: All Geometry is invisible

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by thiskidcalledtom, Oct 10, 2021.

1. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

As the title says. Im trying to build my project using deferred rendering path but all geometry is invisible.

Particles and UI elements render. This is because they use forward rendering by default.

If building the game using forward rendering path... everything renders normally. (But forward just looks bad.)
    In the editor it all renders completely fine while using deferred rendering. Only build is the problem.

Deffered:

Forward:
    upload_2021-10-10_17-50-13.png

2. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

I forgot to mention. i am using 2021.2.0b14

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @thiskidcalledtom,

What platforms are your builds targeting? At first glance, it doesn't look like there's a known issue logged for this.

It would be very helpful if you could submit a bug report with reproduction steps and/or a reproducible attached.

4. thiskidcalledtom

thiskidcalledtom

Hello. thank you for the speedy response! I have just posted the bug report. I am unsure if you can access this link directly from here. But here you go: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1372264

Thanks again!

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the report, we'll look into it!

I can indeed access the report via this link (the 7 digit Issue ID is enough for Unity staff with access to the bug database to find it), but so can anyone else on the internet because you shared your private access link (the hash at the end of the URL is your private access token).

I've removed it for you since this reveals your email conversations and other bug reports.

thiskidcalledtom likes this.