Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Building project stored on another computer

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Phedg1, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Phedg1

Phedg1

I've developed an app for iOS and Android. My main computer runs Windows 10 and I've created my project entirely on it. To build to iOS you need to use a Mac, so I bought a cheap one second hand. I installed Unity and Xcode on the Mac. I at first tried copying the project across to the Mac, but this took a long time. Instead, I mounted my main PC as a network location and opened the project remotely from on the Mac. Building for iOS (or rather exporting the Xcode project) gets about halfway done, before it crashes. Looking through the log I find the following error:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/Volumes/C/Users/Peter/Documents/Unity/DD Party Status/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Unity.Analytics.StandardEvents.dll" is denied.

Opening this networked location in Finder shows me that Unity.Analytics.StandardEvents.dll, Unity.Analytics.Tracker.dll and UnityEngine.Purchasing.dll are all locked. For some reason Unity is unable to access these files to finish the build. Copying the files to my NAS and trying to build nets the same result. Can someone please help? I'd hate to have to copy the project in its entirety to the Mac every time I need a new build.

EDIT: Opening Unity with a sudo command in the terminal gets me a little further. It gives the message "Creating directory. Creating directory Library/ScriptAssemblies failed. Please ensure there is enough disk space and you have permissions setup correctly." There's 60GB of free space, I don't understand permissions well enough to know what to do here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  2. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

Hi. didi you resolve it? I got the same problem, but with purchasing.dll

3. joergipoergi

joergipoergi

I got a little further, but I think this solves the main problem described here:
    For me it was the purchasing.dll which always was locked. I noticed that the DLL was already locked in the library cache:
    ⁨Library⁩/PackageCache⁩/com.unity.purchasing@2.0.6⁩/purchasing.dll

unlocking it here let me build further, although now I have a different gradle build error.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

I don't know how to resolve the issue you're describing, but my general approach to creating an iOS build of my project was always to simply check out the project via version control on the mac, and do the build. The initial check out might take some time, but from that point on it should only be changes, so usually this was a pretty quick process. Maybe someone can assist with the crash you're seeing, but you might consider this as an alternative.