Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020 LTS & Unity 2021.1 have been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Building is very slow and build cache grows dramatically

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by Thermos, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Thermos

Thermos

Hi,

My project has about 10K assets tracked by Addressable System(Duplicate Isolation Group has about 4K assets). Addressable window is very slow, every action takes around 3 seconds.

What's worse, every time I start a new build (using Default Build Script), it takes 1 hour to finish, the build cache generate 10G files.

If I changed one small thing, like one parameter in the post processing file. The system rebuild all asset groups and it takes another 1 hour even it says it reads from the build cache. And now, the size of build cache grows up to 20G....

I also tried Update instead of Default Build Script, much faster. If I change one assets, it only takes 50 minutes. most of the time it spends on [Writing Serialized Files], seems the system regenerated all bundles that are not changed. Also, the build cache grows up to 16G, better than 20G.

Is this behavior by design or just a bug that would be fixed in the future? I spend 10 days migrating from Resources.Load and Assetbundle.Load to Addressable.LoadAsync, now I just find out the build time is much higher than before, which only takes 20 minutes, it's a little...Sad..

2. Kichang-Kim

Kichang-Kim

3. Thermos

Thermos

unityunity