Search Unity

Building for WebGL crashes my computer forcing me to hard reboot

Discussion in 'Web' started by TwiiK, May 12, 2019.

1. TwiiK

TwiiK

First of all it takes ages to build even for my tiny project on my beastly computer, but I see this is a common complaint, worse than that though is that it crashes my computer forcing me to hard reboot it.

It starts out using 100% cpu and then it crashes after a couple of minutes. I've managed to build the project for WebGL once after a fresh reboot, but my computer has crashed 2 times now when I've had multiple programs open etc. It feels very similar to how Unity used to crash when importing large projects from the Asset Store. Back then importing the project worked if the computer was freshly rebooted, but it would crash if you had been using it for a while.

I can't see myself using WebGL if it's this unstable. I'm not going to reboot before every build. :p And having to wait 3-5 minutes while the build process is frying my computer attempting to build this tiny project is kind of ridiculous to begin with.

By comparison a Windows standalone build takes seconds and barely taxes my computer.

Last edited: May 12, 2019