Search Unity

Question Building for Steam

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Deleted User, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Apologies if posting in wrong forum, wasn't sure where to post this.

After recently signing up to Steam as a partner, I'm getting ready to release my first game on the platform.

I use a Mac for development. For the Mac build of the game, I build out to a self contained .app file. in Unity, I have added 'support' for Windows builds. For the Windows build, I build out to a folder, that contains the following files and folders :

GameName ( top folder containing the following ) :

MonoBleedingEdge ( folder )
    GameName_Data ( folder )
    GameName.exe
    UnityCrashHandler64.exe
    UnityPlayer.dll

For Stean, how will these files be packed up, do I need to create an installer ? Does Steam pack these files up for me ? Do I create a zip and upload ? Can anyone else who has created a game for Steam please advise on the next step for me, so I can have my Windows build of the game ready for Steam ?

Thanks.

2. Neto_Kokku

Neto_Kokku

Deleted User and Mauri like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I was trying to get things ready 'before' I tackled steam, for instance, all my screenshots, trailer, descriptions, and of course, the builds, so I was initially confused with the process, I found a video on YouTube that was quite helpful also :

I have another question, if anyone would like to chime in ?

A ) My game will release on Mac and Windows, I'm filling out the section regarding 'Minimum System Requirements', how do I find out this information, is it available in Unity ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2020