Search Unity

Building for Quest not working in many ways

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ProtoxiDe22, Oct 11, 2019.

1. ProtoxiDe22

ProtoxiDe22

Hello, i'm trying to start developing for quest, i have my quest set up with dev mode and everything, and i'm on unity 2019.2 with OVR installed and enabled in player settings. i'm trying to build the sample scenes via the OVRBuild thing in the oculus menu but i;m encountering various problem that i can't seem to solve
    first of all i tried building the locomotion scene, it kinda works but i can't see my hands or controller in the game, and teleporting doesn't seem to work at all, the only thing that seems to work properly is free joystick movement, same applies with the avatargrabber scene, i can't see my hands, however here the grabbing seems to work even if my hand is invisible, i've also tried building all the sample scenes, with "startingscene" first, however when selecting a new scene, from the startingscene menu, i get the loading screen and then the app crashes.
    the only scene whwre i can see my hands is the customhands one, but i still feel that something isn't working.
    I've looked up on the internet and tried some fix, such as modifying the android manifest and double checking the settings, but nothing seem to work.

Spookytooth3D and LAmental like this.
  2. Spookytooth3D

Spookytooth3D

Same issue here. No hands. I will give the Custom Hands example a try today and see if there is something in there that has a clue configuration-wise, and post the results back here.

3. Spookytooth3D

Spookytooth3D

ok. FIXED

So after a bit of research, I downloaded the Android SDK 25 (Nougat 7.1.1), and then turned off the setting in Unity Preferences/External Tools settings for the Android SDK "Android SDK settings installed with Unity (Recommended)", and added the path to my Android SDK packages... everything seems to be working now... 2019.2.0f1/Oculus Integration Tools 1.41

This is on my Mac, but I am fairly certain this fix will correct the same issue on the Win system... Will post again if not. Cheers!

4. josephfoulk

josephfoulk

Hey there,

Just wondering how you were even able to get your game to deploy to the Quest? I too am a novice but have done my research and feel I've checked all of the right boxes. However, when I BUILD AND RUN to my Quest, nothing happens. If I click on the game in UNKNOWN SOURCES, I just get those three frustrating little blinking dots. Just curious if you had a similar issue.

I was currently following this tutorial: https://jeffrafter.com/oculus-quest/

Thanks,
    Joe

5. ArdaZeytin

ArdaZeytin

Start to building with an empty scene to find issue. If something is completely wrong in your scene, you will just see 3 dots. Scene will not be loaded.

Also this not Quest targeted tutorial but it will help you. -> https://developer.oculus.com/blog/free-oculus-unity-vr-development-course/

6. ArdaZeytin

ArdaZeytin

If you are using newer SDK than v1.38, you should set Oculus ID from settings in your project. Until ID applied correctly, oculus avatar hands will not be visible in your scene.

• In your browser
      • Go to https://dashboard.oculus.com
      • Find the APP id in the left side menu tree hierarchy Manage/<myorg>/<myapp>/Getting Started API (create one if you don't have)
    • Get back to Unity3D
      • Oculus > Avatars > Edit Settings (paste your App Id)
      • Oculus > Platform > Edit Settings (Paste your App id

7. Sab_Rango

Sab_Rango

Steps that I follow!

1.remove vulkan and set OpenGL to default rendering in player settings
    2. set Android version to 6 (api level 32) in player settings
    3. In XR plug-in management , enable oculus in both PC and Android!
    If you are using OpenXR 1.3.0 or above set "Oculus Quest Support" true and Set Vulkan in the first order
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.xr.openxr@1.3/manual/index.html

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    magma_vr and Waqas-Majeed like this.