Search Unity

Question Building for Android with Unity 2021.2.18f

Discussion in 'Android' started by camouflaged_penguin, Jul 5, 2022.

1. camouflaged_penguin

camouflaged_penguin

Hey there i am trying for hours to make an Android Build with Unity 2021.2.18f. No matter what i tried, it doesn't work.

The first thing i get is a prompt to update the Android build tool currently installed. When i click yes, i get some error messages i will add to this Question. Some folders could not be accessed or created. If i click "Highest Version" i get different error messages.

WARNING: The option setting 'android.enableR8=false' is deprecated.
    It will be removed in version 5.0 of the Android Gradle plugin.

WARNING: The specified Android SDK Build Tools version (28.0.3) is ignored, as it is below the minimum supported version (29.0.2) for Android Gradle Plugin 4.0.1.
    Android SDK Build Tools 29.0.2 will be used.
    To suppress this warning, remove "buildToolsVersion '28.0.3'" from your build.gradle file, as each version of the Android Gradle Plugin now has a default version of the build tools.
    WARNING: The specified Android SDK Build Tools version (28.0.3) is ignored, as it is below the minimum supported version (29.0.2) for Android Gradle Plugin 4.0.1.
    Android SDK Build Tools 29.0.2 will be used.

Exception while marshalling

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    Could not determine the dependencies of task ':launcher:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'.
    > Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
    build-tools;29.0.2 Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.2
    To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
    Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html

How can i even accept SDK licenses for the in unity installed Android Studio Version?
    I tried to find some info about these Problems but all i have found did not work so far.
    Does someone know whats going on? f1.png f2.png

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Give a try with the following
    1. Set Target API to 31 in Player Settings -> Android
    2. Make a build
    3. It may prompt for Updating the sdk, proceed with it
    4. Later you can set Target api back to Automatic

If the above process doesn't work (which is possible in a diff scenario where it may need admin access for writing sdk folders), let me know. I have another workaround.

3. camouflaged_penguin

camouflaged_penguin

no
    same problems as before.

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ok, whats the error now? Share me the entry under CommandInvocationFailure(once you click that entry).

5. camouflaged_penguin

camouflaged_penguin

ok this is the message i get, when the game prompts me to upgrade:
    BTW i am pretty sure this error could be related to Windows 11 and its Access Management.
    Because collegues with the same setting, running Windows 10 don't have these problems.

Maybe i downgrade but i would like to know if there is a workaround.

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\??\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.2.18f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK\tempToolsDir' is denied.
    System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory (System.String fullPath) (at <6073cf49ed704e958b8a66d540dea948>:0)
    System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory (System.String path) (at <6073cf49ed704e958b8a66d540dea948>:0)
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, System.Boolean overwrite, System.Func`2[T,TResult] includeCallback, System.Boolean recursive) (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, System.Boolean overwrite, System.String regExExcludeFilter, System.Boolean recursive) (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)
    UnityEditor.FileUtil.CopyDirectoryRecursiveFiltered (System.String source, System.String target, System.Boolean overwrite, System.String regExExcludeFilter) (at <1f61d5eefcc74dff84f661b4a4dc8479>:0)

when i click "use highest installed" i get this:
    Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible Daemon could not be reused, use --status for details

> Configure project :launcher
    WARNING: The option setting 'android.enableR8=false' is deprecated.
    It will be removed in version 5.0 of the Android Gradle plugin.
    You will no longer be able to disable R8

* What went wrong:
    Could not determine the dependencies of task ':launcher:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac'.
    > Failed to install the following SDK components:
    The SDK directory is not ...

CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.2.18f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\OpenJDK\bin\java.exe -classpath "C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.2.18f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\Tools\gradle\lib\gradle-launcher-6.1.1.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"

stderr[

* What went wrong:
    > Failed to install the following SDK components:
    The SDK directory is not writable (C:\???\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.2.18f1\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\SDK)

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Can you try the next workaround?
    #2 Try running unity (hub) as admin and build again

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  7. camouflaged_penguin

camouflaged_penguin

yes tried it already. didn't work. Same problem.

8. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Ok, Option #3 (This should work as a last resort)
    1. Open Android SDK install folder (Android studio's)
    2. Copy build-tools/30.0.2 to Unity's android sdk's build tools folder
    3. Copy platforms/android-31 from Android sdk to unity's android sdk platforms folder.

Basically, you are copying manually from Android sdk install with Android studio to unity's android sdk.