Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Building Errors on new unity version

Discussion in '2022.1 Beta' started by Extrys, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Extrys

Extrys

I just updated unity since a bug i posted wont be backported, and i can find a way of doing a successful player build, any idea on whats going on?, unity 2022.1.0b10

Building Library\Bee\artifacts\WinPlayerBuildProgram\ManagedStripped failed with output:
    C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.1.0b10\Editor\Data\il2cpp\build\deploy\UnityLinker.exe @Library\Bee\artifacts\rsp\16461770786374037127.rsp
    Fatal error in Unity CIL Linker
    Mono.Linker.LinkerFatalErrorException: E:\Projects\Undead Citadel - Unity 2022\Assets\_UCScripts\DarkCurry\General\NPC\Enemies\AI\ArmRaiser.cs(55,3): error IL1005: .ArmRaiser.set_TargetLayerWeight(Single): Error processing method '.ArmRaiser.set_TargetLayerWeight(Single)' in assembly 'DarkCurry.General.dll'
    ---> Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Reactive.Core, Version=2.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Unity.IL2CPP.Common.MissingMethodStubber.GetTypeModule(TypeReference type, IEnumerable`1 assemblies)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.AddUnresolvedStubsStep.MarkAssemblyOfType(UnityLinkContext context, TypeReference type)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.Marking.UnresolvedStubMarking.HandleUnresolvedType(TypeReference reference)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.Marking.UnresolvedStubMarking.HandleUnresolvedMethod(MethodReference reference)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.HandleUnresolvedMethod(MethodReference reference)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethod(MethodReference reference, DependencyInfo reason, IMemberDefinition sourceLocationMember)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkInstruction(Instruction instruction, MethodDefinition method, Boolean& requiresReflectionMethodBodyScanner)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.MarkMethodBody(MethodBody body)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method, DependencyInfo& reason)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.ProcessMethod(MethodDefinition method, DependencyInfo& reason)
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.ProcessPrimaryQueue()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process()
    at Mono.Linker.Steps.MarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.Steps.UnityMarkStep.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityPipeline.ProcessStep(LinkContext context, IStep step)
    at Mono.Linker.Pipeline.Process(LinkContext context)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.UnityRun(Boolean noProfilerAllowed, ILogger customLogger)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriverWithoutErrorHandling(ILogger customLogger, Boolean noProfilerAllowed)
    at Unity.Linker.UnityDriver.RunDriver()
    UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions)
    Unity.Build.Classic.Private.BuildPlayerStep:Run (Unity.Build.BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Classic.Private/NonIncremental/Steps/BuildPlayerStep.cs:63)
    Unity.Build.BuildStepCollection:Run (Unity.Build.BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildStepCollection.cs:77)
    Unity.Build.Classic.Private.ClassicNonIncrementalPipelineBase:OnBuild (Unity.Build.BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Classic.Private/NonIncremental/ClassicNonIncrementalPipelineBase.cs:10)
    Unity.Build.BuildProcess:Update () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildProcess.cs:54)
    Unity.Build.BuildPipelineBase:Build (Unity.Build.BuildConfiguration,Unity.Build.BuildProgress) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildPipelineBase.cs:84)
    Unity.Build.BuildConfiguration:Build () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build/BuildConfiguration.cs:65)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationInspector/<>c:<.cctor>b__34_0 (Unity.Build.BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:42)
    Unity.Build.Editor.BuildConfigurationInspector/<>c__DisplayClass30_0:<Build>b__1 () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.10.0-preview.10/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:128)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

2. Extrys

Extrys

I just found the problem
    Mono.Linker.LinkerFatalErrorException: E:\Projects\Undead Citadel - Unity 2022\Assets\_UCScripts\DarkCurry\General\NPC\Enemies\AI\ArmRaiser.cs(55,3): error IL1005: .ArmRaiser.set_TargetLayerWeight(Single): Error processing method '.ArmRaiser.set_TargetLayerWeight(Single)' in assembly 'DarkCurry.General.dll'

Seems there is something that has cause a lot of damage to us, that is that now unity recognizes by default System.Reactive

We are using UniRx, and they have also an extension class Called ObservableExtensions
    and now unity recognices System.ObservableExtensions by default
    causing a clash beween UniRx Subscriptions and System Subscriptions...
    thanks god i can change the code of unirx to change the function name...

3. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Hi @Extrys,

Thanks for flagging this. I have highlighted the thread internally. Could you please submit a bug report for the issue as well?

4. Extrys

Extrys

its already fixed, its just that now the System namespace in unity 2022 has ObsevableExtensions with the same methodnames and parameters than UniRx

im not sure about what to report

5. Extrys

Extrys

6. Extrys

Extrys

I have been investigating
    and seems that it is a Unity thing
    // C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2022.1.0b11\Editor\Data\UnityReferenceAssemblies\unity-4.8-api\System.Reactive.Core.dll

upload_2022-3-10_13-18-5.png

They are all even Empty... so its causing us a big problem with our workflow, since we are using UniRx
    upload_2022-3-10_13-19-36.png

They have the same methodsnames and the same parameters, and this coulde be easily solved by just adding ".Reactive" to the namespace, since this issue appears whenever we use system
    upload_2022-3-10_13-22-52.png

i could fix this by recompiling this assembly
    upload_2022-3-10_13-24-6.png

Thats the main problem

As seems that this "ObservableExtensions" is not ready yet / empty, it wouldnt be a problem for you to add the ".Reactive" or ".Reactive.Core" to that englobing namespace
    that would fix our problem

I think this problem is important to be fixed ASAP as this will affect a lot of users using Zenject and UniRx, and the script seems to be in an early phase, so it should be easier the sooner its made

Last edited: Mar 10, 2022
  7. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

I heard back from the devs. This is a known issue and being looked into: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/product/unity/issues/guid/1407597/

I'll have a look.

Extrys likes this.
  8. Extrys

Extrys

LeonhardP likes this.