Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Building Android (Oculus Quest) app on Big Sur failing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jwjansen, Dec 31, 2020.

1. jwjansen

jwjansen

Hi

anyone else has the same issue that none of the Unity versions will Build Oculus Quest apps after I upgraded from Catalina to Big Sur? I stumbled on an issue with NDK where the path was broken and fixed that with 2 softlinks but then it fails again when building the Gradle object.
    I tried to reinstall Big Sur from scratch (ie wipe my complete Mac), started a brand new project but still the same issues...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  2. jwjansen

jwjansen

Hi there, I downgraded my (Intel) Mac back to Catalina and the project compiled just fine. So to me this points to some incompatibility? For now I will keep running Catalina. Hope this helps someone and would be great to know how to make this work on Big Sur.

3. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Do you have specific errors that you ran into?

4. SusanTC

SusanTC

I have the same issue, but I'm still trying to get Unity to build to my Quest on Big Sur (I don't give up easily). I wonder if anyone has found a solution to this. I don't get any error messages - Unity just tells me the build was successful, but it doesn't come up directly on my Quest as it does when I build to my slightly older machine that is running on Catalina.
    If I have to, I see if I can downgrade to Catalina (unfortunately this will be up to my workplace, not me as the new computer is a work machine).