Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Building an arcade machine

Discussion in 'Linux' started by WormChickenWizard, Jan 4, 2019.

1. WormChickenWizard

WormChickenWizard

I built a game for my robotics class over the past year and the teacher is wanting to build an arcade machine for it. So far, we got an old pc from our IT department and decided to put a lightweight linux distribution on it. In order to get the arcade machine feel, how can I set up linux to hide any bootup logos and scrolling text then progress to startup the game immediately?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

I think you are better to ask Linux (relevant distribution) community.

3. MathewHI

MathewHI

Your the one who needs get lost, thats a legitimate question in the Linux section created by Unity themselves. I’m looking for the same answer.

4. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

The question asked is not very related to the Unity Linux runtime itself which this forum is mostly for. And how to setup a silent boot varies from distro to distro, so you would need indeed find that info elsewhere.

5. MathewHI

MathewHI

You can’t beat me and I have absolutely zero knowledge about Linux but I do know this section is about using Linux and Unity in tandem therefore it’s relevant and I’m right

6. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Well, tbh I can only recommend googling for "silent boot" + "your linux distro" and see where you get. As I said, this varies for each distro.