Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

BuildFailedException when building from Windows to Linux

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Rs, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Rs

Rs

I normally do not get this error. I tested with other projects and it works fine but not for this one which includes several packages like Entities, Jobs, Mathematics and Burst.
    Is Burst not compatible with Linux at the moment?
    Why is it looking for gcc in a Windows environment?
    Se error below.

Error building Player: BuildFailedException: Burst compiler (1.1.2) failed running
    stdout:
    Burst requires gcc/clang toolchains to be correctly installed in order to build a standalone player for Linux with X64_SSE4
    Unable to find /usr/bin/clang or /usr/bin/gcc, is the gcc/clang toolchain installed?

2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Just to clear some things up:

• Is the host platform you are building on Linux or Windows (it wasn't clear in your comment)?
    • If it is Linux - we use clang/gcc to do the final link for standalone player builds. If you are on Linux can you confirm that either clang or gcc is in /usr/bin/* please?

3. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

And a follow-up - are you actually trying to cross-compile from Windows targeting Linux? If so we have an open issue with Burst that we do not support cross compiling between platforms (because we need the native linker on each platform).

4. Rs

Rs

Hello sheredom, the title says 'from Windows to Linux' so yes I was trying to cross compile to Linux from a Windows host.
    Good to know there's an open issue. Could you link?
    I cannot help to test the Linux Editor at the moment, sorry, but I'll give it another go soon.
    Thanks!