Search Unity

Build warnings like: 'Failed to add the asset file size for' in 5.2.0p1

Discussion in 'Android' started by mark71, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ignacio-Liverotti

Ignacio-Liverotti

Unity Technologies

Hello all,

The fix for the warning message will be available in 5.2.1p4.

Best,

Tactical_Beard, liortal and Seven_P like this.
  2. Ignacio-Liverotti

Ignacio-Liverotti

Unity Technologies

Hello Mark,

That sounds like a different issue. Please open up a new thread so that we can discuss it. Also, please make sure you include the fogbugz case number.

Best,

3. Seven_P

Seven_P

When does 5.2.1p4 come?

4. Seven_P

Seven_P

Btw, is other issues will be fixed too in 5.2.1p4?
    I mean small Unity logo, UI terrible performance on Android.
    And UI elements Artifacts?
    Screenshot_2015-10-11-13-05-52.png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  5. Ignacio-Liverotti

Ignacio-Liverotti

Unity Technologies

Hello Ironcross,

The new update should be coming soon, though I don't know the exact date.

Regarding your other questions: every new patch introduces a series of fixes developed by both members of the various R&D teams and from members of the Sustained Engineering team. If you have specific problems to report, I encourage you to open up new threads for each one of them and include a fogbugz case number.

Best,

6. screenname_taken

screenname_taken

It sometimes seems though that one thing is fixed at the cost of something else that was ok.

7. Deleted User

Deleted User

I get the same things but what annoys me is when we report these things and get redirected to "so called fixes" that are out of date, irrelevant or vague.

8. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I get this warning message "Failed to add the asset file size for 12cb0529769a9234c8786b9431b0d694.resource" and several others like it when building for android using unity 5.2.1p1. I'm not sure if it is just that I am only now noticing it, or if it has anything to do with recently adding play games services integration to my project. Resources in the game are used to load level data at runtime from text files. When playing the build on a device, the game seems to run fine. For now I am ignoring the messages.

9. Ignacio-Liverotti

Ignacio-Liverotti

Unity Technologies

Hello MD_Reptile,

Indeed, the messages are harmless, so no need to worry about them. Notice that they are gone in the latest patch, so you shouldn't see them if you update to the latest version.

Best,

MD_Reptile likes this.
  10. einWikinger

einWikinger

We're having similar issues with missing assets in our builds, but as a workaround, disabling "Static Batching" for the affected players (iOS/Android/Win64) solved the issue. We have lots of small scenes (>100) with lots of unique meshes (>1000 summarized). There is a very deterministic chance certain meshes are missing in builds. Unfortunately haven't had time yet to produce a minimal working repro. Issue still present in 5.2.1p4 and 5.3.0b3.