Search Unity

Build vs Editor inconsistencies

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A, Aug 13, 2019.

1. unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A

unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A

Hi

Im a new Unity user. Learning with a udemy course right now.

Problem is when I am testing 2/2 games in the Editor, they behave as intended according to the scripts and settings
    - but when I create a build for each of these two games, they get messed up!

Some scripts do not work, graphic proportions are messed.
    For example, a script that limited the player movement to the visible field is not working and enemy objects can be seen where they initially spawn out of the canvas/game camera.
    Also for example, some text display get off screen so you can't see it.

In the end, all I am saying is that the Editor is fine and the Build is broken.

How do you know what breaks and am I the only one getting this??
    Please help me with any tip. Hint, or clues....
    Thanks a lot in advance, this is discouraging to work hours fine in the editor then not be able to export a working game.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Relevant code and screenshots would be helpful.

It sounds to me like you're designing in a non 16:9 aspect ratio in Unity editor and then, when running a build at full screen at (presumably) 16:9, things don't work properly.

unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A likes this.
  3. unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A

unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A

I am sorry can't post more than text for now but you are right.
    Both of these game tests were created with respectively: 4:3 and 9:16 aspect ratios in the editor.
    The game camera was set to these ratios too and the editor game testing window was following that too.

So if you are right,
    -How can i build the games and avoid the inconsistencies so that it still behaves like when im testing them in the editor?

Thank you again

4. unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A

unity_Es-Wss80ur6d5A