Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build unsafe for antivirus

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Hoody-indi, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Hoody-indi

Hoody-indi

Hello,
    I am having issue when sending my game, people have warnings from antivirus, sometimes they must run it as admin.
    I have my build, with an updater and I also used Inno to make an installer.

So I tried to ask and search for a solution and found that I could try to use Signtool to have a signature/certificate in my game (not sure it will fix it but I have no other clue).

Before reading what I tried to do, is there just another way to make my game "antivirus safe".

From the only solution I found, I am having an issue when trying to use the command :
    makeappx.exe pack /d c:\myfolder /p mypackagename
    After a lot of loading, this return the error : MakeAppx : error 0x8007000e (not enough memory to execute the operation).
    So I tried to fix this following this (which is not working) : https://thegeekpage.com/fixed-there-is-not-enough-memory-to-complete-this-operation/.

I am out of ideas and would really like to be able to share my game without any issue.

Hopefully someone know how to do this.

Have a good day, Romain.

2. altepTest

altepTest

your code must do something that the antivirus detects as a danger. The elevation request as admin from a unity game is something that should not show up.

i would start by checking what resources you have included in your game, maybe you have some third party asset that triggers the antivirus.

start by uploading your various exe and dll to virustotal, see what you get.

3. Hoody-indi

Hoody-indi

Hello, thank you for the reply.
    I tried virustotal and it seems that I have some warnings on my patcher.exe but not on my game.exe.
    It's saying that : A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider.
    Something I don't understand is that the game isn't signed (I guess), so why only the patcher causes issue (even after I signed it with SignTool) ? And how can I make it trusted ?

Romain.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021