Search Unity

Question Build Unity app into existing Android app?

Discussion in 'Android' started by deverzs, May 25, 2023.

1. deverzs

deverzs

Hello.

I am adding my unity app to an existing android app.

I have gone through the tutorials on building (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/android-BuildProcess.html) but not sure it is working.

Is anyone aware of a thread that touches on building unity into an existing Android app?

Thank you.

2. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Check unity as a library here.

Last edited: May 25, 2023
  3. deverzs

deverzs

thank you, but that is what I have been doing that doesn't seem to work. Do you know of anything more in-depth or another example or a thread here on forums?

4. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Share what is not working so that can help you out. The shared link already has example for android.

5. deverzs

deverzs

Thank you. I apologize for being absent. Work got in the way.

The first thing is that I am wanting to integrate a Unity app into an existing Android app. My Unity app is using version 2019.4.21f1 so I am trying the build example for the older version. Following the instructions to download the older version of the example, I try to open in Unity and it tells me I need to upgrade.

upload_2023-6-6_5-17-40.png

Does this cause issue or can I continue? This was the first thing that happened that made me question if my process was correct. Incidentally, this will be my fourth time redoing this example from start to finish.

I am hoping to troubleshoot as I redo it again.

Thank you for your time. I will respond timely henceforth.

~ Zsu

6. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Backup and continue. Looks like you are trying the example on a older version. UAAL is from 2019.4+ so it should be fine.

7. deverzs

deverzs

It won't let me open that version without confirming to upgrade. I am trying to open in the 2019 version and then the box pops up. If I click cancel the app does not open.

8. deverzs

deverzs

Good day! Does anyone have any idea about the above question - how to NOT update the build from version to version if trying to open a specific version, as in the above screenshot. Thank you for any help!