Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Build textures turn black when downloaded by other windows systems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by neason080, Oct 10, 2022.

1. neason080

neason080

I am working on a project and I am using Google drive to share progress with a few friends. I have sent them a recent build and all went well. Afterwards I cleaned up a few bugs in the scripting none of which had to do with graphics, doors operating properly and such. I did update from unity 2020.11f I believe to unity 2020.38. The newest LTS. When I built the game and ran it on my system at home stand alone not in editor all appeared fine.

20220330_235456.jpg

Roughly like the thumbnail provided. However when I uploaded it to Google drive and my friends downloaded it they got something that looked like this.

IMG_4148.jpg

They showed me pictures from a build only a week before that looked just fine. They also reported no issues other the previously mentioned minor programming bugs. So I am a bit baffled as to what could be causing this. I did rebuild it a couple different times in case Google drive somehow corrupted the upload. The result was the same.

It is important to note that if I haven't provided enough information it is only because I am at a loss as to what the problem is and thus what information might be needed. I didn't touch the build settings however. Ain't broke don't fix it was my thought until this. Also I am at school for work until Friday and away from my computer. I'm only home for the weekend and wanted to post to attempt to get a jump on the issue and make the most of my short stay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any request for further details I will do my best but may have to wait til Friday when I can get at my system. Thank you in advance.