Search Unity

Build target priorities and smarter trigger mechanisms

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by liortal, Mar 7, 2016.

1. liortal

liortal

Hey,

Currently from what i can tell, we have the ability to setup a target that automatically runs on incoming SCM changes, or executed manually.

Are there any plans to support better ways to trigger build targets?

For example:

1. Build priorities - we have the same target duplicated, one for building ARM android and the other for running x86 android. Our main focus is on the ARM build. I'd like to be able to execute that first, so that it completes before the other one and our QA department can use the build output faster.

2. Nightly builds - not all builds must be executed immediately (especially since we're on the free program right now). It would be great to be able to set up a nightly builds (for different scenarios: testing a newer unity version, building versions that are not scheduled for immediate release, but should still be available for testing when needed, etc).

Deleted User likes this.
  2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

1. Build priorities are not currently planned, but I can see how that would be useful.
    2. Nightly builds are something we have talked about several times before but never quite got around to doing.
    And thanks for the suggestions! Always good to see what things developers find most useful. You can also add suggestions on our feedback page, which we use to gauge interest and prioritize what gets implemented.

3. edwon

edwon

I second the request for nightly or schedule builds