Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RESOLVED] Build stuck on "Building Resources folder"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JamesWjRose, Jun 1, 2020.

1. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

EDIT: Resolved, not solved. My computer was on all night (oops) but Unity was not even running. Started it up this morning and attempted to compile again, and it did. This is not helpful to the next person... sorry.

---------
    I have done the usual reboot, multiple times. I found this https://answers.unity.com/questions/706674/unity-freezes-when-building-a-project-when-buildin.html that mentions deleting the "ProjectSettings" folder, which a restart of Unity simple rebuilt it and... still locked on Building Resources folder...

So... anyone got a clue?

• I am using Unity 2019.3.15f1
    • The Console does not show any messages
    • Window's Task Manager shows 50 to 50% CPU for approx 10 seconds while displaying that title, then it drops to 0% and stays there for up to 10 minutes, that's when I ended the Unity task.
    • I can run the scene in debug mode
    • EDIT: I did find some updates to components, I am running DOTS, and got those from the Package Manager and attempted to build. Exact same situation. I am going to leave it running for a few hours to see if there is any progress. Edit-Sub-a) I killed the process after an hour.
    • EDIT 2: On advice, I attempted compiling on another drive with more space (200gb vs 26gb) Same lock up issue.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  2. elliotfriesen

elliotfriesen

Do you have enough storage on your device

3. JamesWjRose

JamesWjRose

Good thought, but I have 26 gig on that drive. I'll try another drive with nearly 200gb and see how that goes.

Edit: Thanks... but that didn't work either.

4. itsnarutofan

itsnarutofan

Disable AntiVirus Protection that should Work :)