Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Size - Log File

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by devel, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devel

devel

Hi,

I have been doing some tests to see what takes up most space in my unity build. I have deleted all GameObjects from the Hierarchy and removed the Resources folder. So currently I have an empty scene not doing anything. The size of my build is 1.3MB.
    Naturally I am curious to understand where the size comes from...When I create a new project and a new (empty) scene, the size will be 7KB.

I have read that there is a Log-file giving information about what is included in the build.
    Where can I find it?

Thanks.

2. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

You can find that information in the editor logfile after a build. In the editor, open you console (ctrl+c) and check the editor log button to the top-right.

LiiCastro likes this.
  3. devel

devel

Hmmm, not for me.
    Ctrl + C doesnt do anything for me, there is no Editor Log Button.
    I have also tried "Help -> Open Editor console log menu" as said in the Unity Manual. But no such entry (Open Editor console log) exists.

Is this a Windows issue or am I getting something wrong??

4. devel

devel

Ok, now I got it.
    Thanks.

5. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Yea my bad, its ctrl+shift+c.

6. devel

devel

7. devel

devel

Anyone??

According to the documentation (see link above) it is possible to look at those dlls. Someone must know how..

It looks like the documentation is out of date anyways since the description on how to open the Editor log doesnt work for me (there is no "Open Editor console log" under Help - at least not on Windows).

8. Lucas Meijer_old

Lucas Meijer_old

It's probably that your script uses functionality that exists in some dll, that those dlls are automatically added to your unity file. Often the usage of sockets pulls in System.dll, which in turn pulls in System.Xml.Net

try to pull out your scripts as well, and put them in one by one, to see which one(s) are pulling in these dll dependencies for you.

Bye, Lucas

9. devel

devel

Yes, those System dlls are definately intergrated in my project since I am using the XMLReader.
    Will have to change that soon.

Though I´d like to know where I see in Unity which dlls are being included, so that I can start working around to avoid those dlls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.