Search Unity

Build shutdown

Discussion in 'Windows' started by gwhitcher_unity, Jun 8, 2018.

1. gwhitcher_unity

gwhitcher_unity

I have made a build of my windows app. It works great on the PC i developed it on. When I deployed it to another PC. It crashes on startup. I have placed some logging logic at the start of the first scene that is loaded and none of that gets done so I assume this is happening before that scene even gets loaded.

The only thing I noticed about that PC is I can't install Unity on it because The .net framework on it is 4.7.3.
    I think Unity required 4.6. Since the .NET is the only framework on that PC, I thought I should not downgrade it to 4.6 although I'm not too sure that would fix the problem.

Is there something I can check or a log I can look at to see what is happening?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

3. gwhitcher_unity

gwhitcher_unity

Problem is Unity is not (and can't be installed on that PC. It wont install.). I think it is a .NET thing. I saw a few post about 4.6 needing to be stable before moving to new .NET frameworks.

UPDATE. The latest verson I have installed . I will try to see if I can work on that PC and get different results.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

You don't have to install Unity to see logs. Game builds produce logs too.

5. gwhitcher_unity

gwhitcher_unity

Man I seem to stumble on some of the simplest stuff. I guess it is my unfamiliarity and lack of knowledge of this development environment. I have to put our own securities into this app and turns out, the security was what was shutting it down. I straightened that out and it is all good now. Thanks for your input to help me get this project completed.