Search Unity

Build Settings won't open

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by daveMennenoh, Oct 28, 2020.

1. daveMennenoh

daveMennenoh

Hi I started a new 2D project in 2020.1.10f1 today and all was good until I tried to build. File > Build Settings or Ctrl+Shift+B just does nothing... so I just downloaded 2020.1.11f1 in hopes that would fix it and it still does nothing. I can do a build and run and make a windows .exe but I wanted to make a WebGL build. Have made a couple other 2D projects in 2020.1.10f1 and build settings opened fine. Opening off screen and I can't see it? Is there a settings file that stores it loc or something?

2. daveMennenoh

daveMennenoh

I looked in the Editor.log file this am and found these entries. Would this have anything to do why build setting won't open?
    Also, launching Unity 2020.1.11f1 fresh with a new project I am unable to open Build settings. And I have the same lines in Editor.log about the missing targets and image not matching.

Symbol file LoadedFromMemory doesn't match image C:\Users\dmenn\OneDrive\Documents\UnityProjects\submission\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ext.nunit@1.0.0\net35\unity-custom\nunit.framework.dll
    Native extension for WindowsStandalone target not found
    Native extension for Android target not found
    Native extension for WebGL target not found

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Do you have the same issue when you create a new project outside of your OneDrive?

4. daveMennenoh

daveMennenoh

I could try, but all unity installs and projects have been like this since I got this machine. 2020 is the first version where this has been an issue.

5. Kozaki2

Kozaki2

Hi! Were you able to solve this issue? Im facing the same situation :/ Unity 2020.1.10f1. Build setting dialog doesn't show up

6. jayforshort

jayforshort

I started seeing this issue when I was trying out something in 2019.4.40f1 today.

Interestingly enough, when I went back and opened a project using 2020.3.37f1 the same issue started there too.

I finally figured out what has been happening to me. This is a tricky one. You see, my onboard laptop monitor doesn't function and it's just black when I look at it. I use two external monitors for my work.

I just reloaded my OS today because of these weird Unity problems.

Now, for me, the issue is this: Unity is putting the Build Settings window on my blank screen where I cannot see it. Fortunately, the ScreenGrab software will capture the image from all three screens, even though the onboard monitor is black to my eyes. See pic. That little monitor to the far right is blacked out, but the ScreenGrab software is reading it.

Screenshot from 2022-07-29 20-56-02.png

I had to blindly reach over to the third screen and pull the Window back onto another monitor where I can now see it.

Screenshot from 2022-07-29 21-01-37.png

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022