Search Unity

build problem vr lenovo

Discussion in 'VR' started by inciron, Jun 11, 2018.

1. inciron

inciron

Good morning, everyone.
    I'm a French student in a video game school.
    I have a problem to build my game.
    I use 2017 3.0f3. This is a game using vr lenovo helmet.
    I can do a build but I don't have an.exe or equivalent for vr.
    Cf the folder created after a build
    Somebody's got an idea.

Attached Files:

2. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

Hi inciron, I understand you're looking for your built app from Unity.

When you build for UWP targeting a Windows Immersive headset you actually do not get an .exe for the application. You get a Visual Studio solution for the project. You need to open Star Flare.sln from your build directory, and then deploy the project to your local machine. If the project has "Windows Mixed Reality" enabled in the XR SDK settings, then your headset should kick on and grab focus for the application once deployment is finished. You can use that method if you would like debugging to be attached. If you want to just install the application, you can use the same above to open the build solution but instead of deploying locally, create an appx package and install it to your system using powershell.

Hope that helps

3. quatro

quatro

I had a similar doubt as the OP. I’ve managed to create a package and install using powershell.

However, when I run the application from the Mixed Reality Portal, the game lags a lot more than when I try it directly from Unity. Is there any way to solve this? When creating the app package, should I use x86, x64 or ARM?

4. JasonCostanza

JasonCostanza

Unity Technologies

for the immersive headsets you will probably want to run with x64. We are aware of some performance hits when you run x86 for the immersive headsets. Hololenses take x86 only.