Search Unity

Build Player Content fails with: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by wirelessdreamer, Jan 14, 2019.

1. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

I'm getting ready to make a test build of a project we're using addressables for, but "build player content" dies with

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    LinkXmlGenerator.Save (System.String path) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview/Editor/Build/LinkXMLGenerator.cs:29)
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.BuildScriptPackedMode.BuildData[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.IDataBuilderContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptPackedMode.cs:186)
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.AddressableAssetSettings.BuildPlayerContent () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview/Editor/Settings/AddressableAssetSettings.cs:1307)
    UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor.OnBuildPlayerData () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@0.5.3-preview/Editor/GUI/AddressableAssetsSettingsGroupEditor.cs:224)
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu.CatchMenu (System.Object userData, System.String[] options, System.Int32 selected) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:121)

Is anyone else having issues getting the current version to build?

MNNoxMortem and skwsk8 like this.
  2. skwsk8

skwsk8

I'm seeing this as well when trying going to Addressables window, Build > Build Player Content, and then it crashes during the build. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

3. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

Had this as well after the import from 0.4.8 to 0.5.3, only deleting everything and readd addressables again and setup the groups again solved it for us.

4. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer