Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management - subforum

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by BinaryCats, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

Hello,

I quite often have questions about the build pipeline and creating a custom build pipeline. However I feel this isn't a subject lots of people have knowledge about, as people make do with the stock build pipeline.
    I more often than not ask else where, or do a lot of exploring to find the answers on my own. I feel if I ask my questions in general/scripts then thread will get lost very quickly

There is forum for: Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management , however the sub-forums are: Asset Bundles | Addressables | Cache Server

I would like to suggest an addition sub-forum for any Build Pipeline questions that are to do with the build process, and or extending the stock unity build pipeline

Thanks in advance

2. dri_richard

dri_richard

I was just looking at this myself. I'd personally prefer that Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management was itself a forum, keeping the existing forums, because if there are only subforums (the current situation) there will always topics that don't fit any of them.
    But I agree it's very odd that there's nowhere to ask questions about the Build Pipeline!

Milky-Tea and BinaryCats like this.
  3. dri_richard

dri_richard

Could @Buhlaine perhaps say something about this? The current structure really doesn't work.

Milky-Tea likes this.
  4. dri_richard

dri_richard

Feel this is worth a bump. There is no place to go for support on general build issues.

Milky-Tea likes this.
  5. EduardDraude

EduardDraude

There should definitely a place to discuss such topic.

6. HonorableDaniel

HonorableDaniel

Bump. Was wondering the exact same thing.

BinaryCats likes this.
  7. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I was about to open a thread for this. I, too, think we need a general "build pipeline" forum to ask questions about how to customize the build process unrelated to the existing sub-forums.

BinaryCats likes this.
  8. dri_richard

dri_richard

Maybe we need a meta-meta-forum to discuss why nobody from Unity ever responds on meta-forum threads.

BinaryCats and Milky-Tea like this.
  9. EClipsiedA

EClipsiedA

+1 for this

BinaryCats and Milky-Tea like this.
  10. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

Is there any update on on having a build pipeline forum? It's fine if the decision that has been made is no, I just want to know if the suggestion has been heard

Thanks

dri_richard likes this.
  11. waldgeist

waldgeist

Yes, I need this too!

BinaryCats likes this.
  12. JoNax97

JoNax97

+1

BinaryCats likes this.
unityunity