Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management - subforum

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by BinaryCats, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

Hello,

I quite often have questions about the build pipeline and creating a custom build pipeline. However I feel this isn't a subject lots of people have knowledge about, as people make do with the stock build pipeline.
    I more often than not ask else where, or do a lot of exploring to find the answers on my own. I feel if I ask my questions in general/scripts then thread will get lost very quickly

There is forum for: Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management , however the sub-forums are: Asset Bundles | Addressables | Cache Server

I would like to suggest an addition sub-forum for any Build Pipeline questions that are to do with the build process, and or extending the stock unity build pipeline

Thanks in advance

2. dri_richard

dri_richard

I was just looking at this myself. I'd personally prefer that Build Pipeline & Runtime Asset Management was itself a forum, keeping the existing forums, because if there are only subforums (the current situation) there will always topics that don't fit any of them.
    But I agree it's very odd that there's nowhere to ask questions about the Build Pipeline!

Milky-Tea and BinaryCats like this.
  3. dri_richard

dri_richard

Could @Buhlaine perhaps say something about this? The current structure really doesn't work.

Milky-Tea likes this.
  4. dri_richard

dri_richard

Feel this is worth a bump. There is no place to go for support on general build issues.

Milky-Tea likes this.
  5. EduardDraude

EduardDraude

There should definitely a place to discuss such topic.

6. HonorableDaniel

HonorableDaniel

Bump. Was wondering the exact same thing.

BinaryCats likes this.
  7. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I was about to open a thread for this. I, too, think we need a general "build pipeline" forum to ask questions about how to customize the build process unrelated to the existing sub-forums.

BinaryCats likes this.
  8. dri_richard

dri_richard

Maybe we need a meta-meta-forum to discuss why nobody from Unity ever responds on meta-forum threads.

BinaryCats and Milky-Tea like this.
  9. EClipsiedA

EClipsiedA

+1 for this

BinaryCats and Milky-Tea like this.
  10. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

Is there any update on on having a build pipeline forum? It's fine if the decision that has been made is no, I just want to know if the suggestion has been heard

Thanks

dri_richard likes this.