Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Linker error in XCode targeting iOS with GVR in 2019.1

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DarkVerse, Jul 25, 2019.

1. DarkVerse

DarkVerse

Hi all,

I have a project that I have been successfully building to iOS with 2018.3 but have had to upgrade my Unity version (against my better judgement) to 2019.1 and it will no longer build to iOS. Unity generatees the project fine but when I transfer it to a Mac, open the project in XCode and build it I get a "linker command failed with exit code 1" error. There are undefined symbols that all relate to GVR, ie _gvr_set_default_viewer_profile and _gvr_reset_tracking etc. Is there something that has changed in the generation of the XCode project?

As a background, the project is on GitHub and I cloned it into a new folder and then updated that to 2019.1. The project is a mixed VR and non-VR app which starts in non-VR mode (VR SDK set to None) and then later changed to VR mode (cardboard). This was all working previously but not in 2019.1.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to resolve this? I recall seeing something about Unity removing SDKs that are not used so I will next attempt to see if setting app to start in VR mode has any effect.

2. DarkVerse

DarkVerse

I think the problem is that Unity is not generating the workspace, just the project, but I don't know why.