Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Build Issue - Controllers not being recognized, but head tracker is

Discussion in 'VR' started by eV-Interactive, Jan 8, 2021.

1. eV-Interactive

eV-Interactive

I have a very strange issue building and deploying to Oculus Quest / Quest 2. This is an existing large-ish game to which we are adding VR support.
    • Building on computer A, a deployed .apk works fine.
    • Building on computer B, a deployed .apk exhibits good head tracking, but neither controller is recognized at all. No tracking, no button/stick input.
    • Building a minimal test scene on computer B exhibits good head tracking and full controller support.
    Any inkling as to what might be causing this? Any areas we should suspect?

Thanks in advance!

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I would begin by searching the logs for errors. You can use adb logcat for that, or you may be able to connect Unity's console to it while it is running (if you leave the cable connected after the build).

3. eV-Interactive

eV-Interactive

I already compared the logs of the "good" version vs. the "bad" version and saw no differences related to the XR startup sequence, and no errors while running.

4. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hello there! Please file a bug report for us so we can investigate further. When putting that report in, please also attach a repro project. :)

5. eV-Interactive

eV-Interactive

FWIW: We eliminated some 3rd party code (either GameSparks or Playfab) that was causing this issue. Will give you more info when we get back into that.

TreyK-47 likes this.