Search Unity

Build iOS issue 1.7.4

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by KB73, Mar 19, 2020.

1. KB73

KB73

Worked on 1.6.2 fine

When we build iOS we see this

Code (CSharp):
    1. rgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    2. Parameter name: key
    3. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].FindEntry (TKey key) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
    4. System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue].TryGetValue (TKey key, TValue& value) (at <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0)
    5. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData+KeyIndexer`1[T].Add (T key, System.Boolean& isNew) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:374)
    6. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData+KeyIndexer`1[T].Add (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] keyCollection) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:368)
    7. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData+KeyIndexer`1[T]..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] keyCollection, System.Int32 capacity) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:361)
    8. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData.SetData (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] data) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:426)
    9. UnityEngine.AddressableAssets.ResourceLocators.ContentCatalogData..ctor (System.Collections.Generic.IList`1[T] entries, System.String id) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Runtime/ResourceLocators/ContentCatalogData.cs:349)
    10. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptPackedMode.DoBuild[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput, UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.AddressableAssetsBuildContext aaContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptPackedMode.cs:174)
    11. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptPackedMode.BuildDataImplementation[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptPackedMode.cs:95)
    12. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.DataBuilders.BuildScriptBase.BuildData[TResult] (UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Build.AddressablesDataBuilderInput builderInput) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Editor/Build/DataBuilders/BuildScriptBase.cs:63)
    13. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings.BuildPlayerContentImpl () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Editor/Settings/AddressableAssetSettings.cs:1700)
    14. UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AddressableAssetSettings.BuildPlayerContent () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.addressables@1.7.4/Editor/Settings/AddressableAssetSettings.cs:1682)

2. Patrick_PS

Patrick_PS

[Unity 2018.4.18; Addressables 1.7.4]

I upgraded to the new version of addressables and am now having the same issues for ios and android builds.

3. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Same issue when building for standalone.

Do not upgrade, 1.7.4 is unusable.

4. vzlomvl

vzlomvl

Hello everyone.
    I had same issue in 1.7.4. Looks like it happening if you have unsupported types of file in the Resource folder. In my case it was InfoPlist.strings from Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/unitypurchasing.bundle/Contents/Resources/en.lproj/ folder. After removing of this file build was successful.

5. KB73

KB73

B
    But you need the plist though? I mean sure, maybe it builds but purchasing will probably fail?

6. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Hey @KB73 - flagging this for the team to have a look. Which version of the editor are you using?

7. KB73

KB73

Hey TreyK, we're on 2019.2.21f1

thanks

8. aelrhermoul

aelrhermoul

Also seeing this issue, on Unity 2018.4.14f1 with Addressables 1.7.4. I'm building on Windows Standalone.

Experiencing this because I have an OSX ".bundle" inside the UnityPurchasing asset which contains a folder called "Resources". Unity must be interpreting it as a Unity Resources folder. Inside it was a plist file -- upon deleting the bundle, I was able to build the addressables.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  9. alicht

alicht

Using Unity 2019.3.4f1, I just tried to build Addressables for Android and encountered the same issue. I also figured out that the key which is null is in fact a folder from UnityPurchasing as part of the "Built in Data" group.

10. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey all, just letting you know we've reproduced this issue and are working on a fix.

Egil-Sandfeld, KB73 and aelrhermoul like this.
  11. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Just throwing this on here, if you're not using the Resources folder with Addressables you can turn off Include Resources Folder on the Built in Data group. Hopefully that'll solve the issue for some at least. We're working on a hot fix for this and it should be out before too long.

12. aelrhermoul

aelrhermoul

Any updates on this, and when we can expect a fix?

13. davidla_unity

davidla_unity

Unity Technologies

Sorry about the delay, we had some issues with our actual release process. 1.7.5 should be available now and has the fix for this issue.

alicht, davidrochin and KB73 like this.