Search Unity

Build gets stuck - D3D shader create error for vertex shader [0x80070057]

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DerWoDaSo, Jul 13, 2019.

1. DerWoDaSo

DerWoDaSo

Hey everyone,

We got the issue that on some platforms our build gets stuck when loading a new scene, however it continues after a long time (more than 10 minutes). During that time the log file get spammed with the following error:

Note that the first three lines show up on all the other platforms too where it runs smoothly.

The DirectX Error Lookup translates the code to:
    Can anyone point me into the right direction how to debug this? There are quite a few things going on shader wise in the project - so currently my only hope is to rip out everything step by step and see if it runs at some point. The weird thing is that most of the shaders are already in the scene before (menu) where no problem occurs.

Platform where the problem occurs range from AMD, NVIDIA, Mobile, Desktop (see list below). However on most platforms it runs smoothly.

2. DerWoDaSo

DerWoDaSo

Oh, I realized I forgot the Unity version:

Tested and found on
    • 2018.3.0f1
    • 2018.4.0f1
    • 2018.4.4f1

3. Soner-Sen

Soner-Sen

Unity Technologies

hello,
    It seems like something is going wrong while creating a d3d vertex shader, the error does not really helpful about what exactly went wrong.
    if you could file a bug and share a repro project it would be really helpful and we will take a look at it.
    thanks