Search Unity

Build Game Crashes Randomly Without Any Window Pop Up. Shortly After Start.(1 - 5 min)

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Reedex, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Reedex

Reedex

is there a log somewhere? i use "Everything" and i can sort all files in pc by date so i found only output_log...
    but it does not seem to be relevant... : ( bummer....
    It does not crash in editor.
    I recently went from 5.6.1 to 5.6.4.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry what do you mean you use everything, do you mean your game contains many assets? Where is the game running when it crashes, on an Android device, iOS or PC? Is there a reason you're using a much older version of Unity?

3. Reedex

Reedex

Well "everything" is super useful search engine which i used immediately after the crash and since it sees all files i can press sort by date and see only the newest files. only newest log was output log.
    Running PC.
    No particular reason but i found the hub and all weird and hard to even want to understand. + i am used to things that are on certain places.. but i guess if it should be important i'll bite the bullet and go to that hub thing.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You might want to include the output log here for review. Windows Explorer also allows you to view files and sort by date.

5. Reedex

Reedex

Not sure whats windows explorer, but i guess its win 10 kinda thingie...
    to the point, i tested it few more times last time it ran some 10 min without crash... but it's really random so if it crashes up on me again i shall post that log ok?
    quick side question , what improves lightning build speed? good cpu or gpu (if cpu,matter cores or clock?,if gpu matters clock or memory etc )?...thinking of getting new pc, thought i'd like to bake lights as fast as i can.

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We will look forward to the log. If you don't know what something is (like Windows Explorer, the built in file browser), just Google it.