Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you couldn't join the live stream, take a peek at what you missed.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

build from il2cppOutput folder

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by shuang_unity, Jun 6, 2018.

1. shuang_unity

shuang_unity

Is there a way to directly build a project using cpp files from il2cppOutput and dll/xml files from Managed folders, which are generated by il2cpp scripting backend? Then I don't have to start from translating C# code to IL and then to C++ code. Thanks so much!

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

This is theoretically possible, as that is what Unity does when it builds the final executable. However, getting the compiler and linker arguments correct it not trivial.

I'm unclear about what your intention is here. Can you elaborate?

3. shuang_unity

shuang_unity

Thanks for the reply. I'm testing a product from my company which can provide protection on C++ source code (C# is not supported at this moment), so we are exploring the possibility to apply this product on Unity games. So I am wondering if there is a way to generate the translated C++ source code and I could compile the game from there by myself. Now the building process just act like a blackbox, so I'm unclear where to start.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

We don't support any changes to the generated C++ code after Unity has generated it. So while it is probably possible to make some modifications to the generated code, then compile it again, any issues you encounter will need to be reproduced without that extra step before we can investigate them.