Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Build for iOS or Smart TVs

Discussion in 'Robotics' started by Domi47, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Domi47

Domi47

Hello everyone,

I have created a simulation that works very nice for Linux. According to the documentation I can build it for Windows and Mac OS as well and connect to ROS using the ROS-TCP-Connector package.

My question is, if I build for iOS , Android or a smart TV OS, or VR system such as Oculus Quest 2 will ROS-TCP-Connector works? Can I have an application for an iPad connected to ROS using TCP? Can I have an app running in Oculus Quest 2 and connected to ROS?

The Readme for ROS-TCP-connector doesn't say anything about OS limitations but I saw a complain about exporting to Universal Windows Platform (https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Unity-Robotics-Hub/issues/215#issuecomment-832181800).

Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  2. vidurVij-Unity

vidurVij-Unity

Unity Technologies

We don't officially support OSes like iOS, Android or VR systems but there should be no problem running our code on those platforms and previously myriad of users have used our packages on these platforms. We would encourage you to use our packages on these platforms and in case you face any issues, you can create issues on repos' respective GitHub pages and we would be happy to assist you.