Search Unity

Build fails when using Unity Cache Server and Scriptable Build Pipeline

Discussion in 'Cache Server' started by hozkii, Oct 11, 2018.

1. hozkii

hozkii

Hello,

for our unity project, we plan to
    The problem Im facing now is that while building asset bundles an error occurs "SerializationException: The input stream is not a valid binary format. The starting contents (in bytes) are: 50-72-65-76-69-65-77-41-73-73-65-74-44-61-74-61-00 ..."

When I opened the cached file (attachment, I've changed the extension from .info to .txt to be able to upload the file) which caused the error I could only confirm that it is really not in a binary format. Based on this I went through other files in cache and I've found out that most of them are in a binary format but these non-binary files are also present.

Now I wonder where the source of the problem is. Whether those non-binary files shouldnt be even present in the cache? Or they can be there but they shouldnt be read during the building process? Or maybe the integration between Cache Server and Scriptable Build Pipeline is not flawless (yet)?

Thank you for any advice

Hozki

Attached Files:

2. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Hello,

hitting exactly the same error in our project; does anyone have any pointers to find out what could be the cause?

I'm going to try to isolate the issue into a repro project and submit a bug report, but to be honest, I do not know where to start, because the current project is quite large.