Search Unity

Build fails if project folder contains ".Unity"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by coeing, Mar 12, 2015.

1. coeing

coeing

The path to our Unity project inside the repository is "Source/CloudTest.Unity" which makes the cloud build fail with:

I cross-checked the build by renaming the folder to "Source/CloudTest" and to "Source/CloudTest.Client" which didn't generate the error.

Here's the link to the test project:
    https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/dis...ptid=55008f57e6bf9db978001ab4&display=compact

There are three branches in the repository to test with:
    - master: Folder is called "Source/CloudTest.Unity" => produces error
    - normal_folder: Folder is called "Source/CloudTest" => works
    - point_folder: Folder is called "Source/CloudTest.Client" => works

The repository of the test project is public if you want to use it for testing:
    git@bitbucket.org:coeing/cloud-test.git

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

That's an interesting behaviour. Why exactly to you call a folder CloudTest.Unity/.Client ect.?

3. coeing

coeing

Hi David!

Sorry, just saw your answer right now :) We called the folders that way because we like to have the namespaces in that way. In a real game it would be GameName.Unity beside other projects like GameName.Logic, GameName.Server,...

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Interesting, I (personally) did not expect this way of differentiation as "." (in my understanding) means "folder level". Anyway, I have added the behaviour to the bug tracer but no ETA when and if it will be fixed. I hope you can use a different name for the moment to proceed! Thanks for reporting the issue though! :)

5. coeing

coeing

Alright, thanks. We can work with the other name for now as only .Unity creates problems :)

6. Mahgo

Mahgo

I'm having this issue too. Do you have a link to it on the bug tracker, David?

7. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

There is no bug tracker case yet. But please feel free to create one, best with a reproducible project and a detailed description of the project!

8. Mahgo

Mahgo

Ok. I thought you meant above that one had already been created. How do I create one for the Unity Cloud Build?

9. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

No, I added it to our feedback list internal, but it would be much better to have a actual bug. Just use the Unity Bug reporter when you are in the project you want to submit and add as much information as possible. Make it clear that it is for Unity Cloud Build and once you received the bug case number after submitting let me know in the thread and I'll take care of!

10. Mahgo

Mahgo

11. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Thanks a lot! We will work on it as soon as possible. :)