Search Unity

Bug Build fails after update to [2022.2.0f1]

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mic_Emond, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Mic_Emond

Mic_Emond

Ever since updating to 2022.2.0f1, our builds fail with:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Asset has disappeared while building player to 'globalgamemanagers.assets' - path '', instancedID '-813862'
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    Nothing else in the console.
    We've upgraded all our packages, tried to investigate warnings etc on re-import. But nothing seems to be working. During the build, it goes all the way up until it seems to open an empty scene, then directly fails.
    upload_2022-12-12_11-40-19.png

StefanWo likes this.
  2. StefanWo

StefanWo

3. Mic_Emond

Mic_Emond

Still happening in the 2022.2 release sadly

4. StefanWo

StefanWo

Are we the only ones with this problem?

5. Mic_Emond

Mic_Emond

Finally took the time to investigate this properly today and do some testing by removing packages one by one.
    The Entities package was the culprit in our case. We were on 0.51 with Unity 2021.3.8 previously.
    Updating to 2022.x and Entities 1.x would always prevent build (but playing in editor was ok).

Removed the Entities package entirely and now it builds and the 'globalgamemanagers.asset' issue is gone.
    We were kind of lucky that we weren't actually using Entities at all (only jobs and burst).

So I won't be investigating any further.
    The only solution would seem to be for you to also start removing packages one by one until it builds.
    And then proceed from there :/ Hopefuly it is something that you can resolve by yourself, or able to submit a formal bug report. Or post in the part of the forum specific to the offending package.
    That error just seems like a case of Unity not being verbose/precise enough about what's actually causing the issue.

Good luck :/

EDIT: PS: I also updated to 2022.2.5 first, with which I got a persistent crash after a 10-15 seconds of active gameplay, crash logs point to VFX graph (logs might be wrong, didn't investigate much). I went back to 2022.2.2 and all is fine.

So maybe steer clear of 2022.2.5 for now I guess? Hope you work it out.