Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Build failed: LLVM ERROR: out of memory

Discussion in 'Linux' started by alexandre-fiset, Apr 26, 2023.

1. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

Hi,

We are having trouble building for Linux in IL2CPP. The build fails half of the time throwing the error:

Building Library\Bee\artifacts\LinuxPlayerBuildProgram\2ltnt\linker-output\GameAssembly.so failed with output:
    LLVM ERROR: out of memory

The full error is attached. I know there are other threads about this, but they are Android-specific, and the provided steps to investigate aren't helping, as:
    • My paging / virtual memory size is set to 95 gb
    • I have 32 gb of ram on my machine
    • There are no Temp IL2CPP output files
    • The stack dump pointed in the console doesn't exist
    When builds are sucessful, the generated IL2CPP output folder weight around 1.4gb, which is approximately the same size as other platforms.

Any idea how I can find the culprit?

Attached Files:

2. tylerinthezoo

tylerinthezoo

Unity Technologies

disable the "Allow Debugging" option in player setting could probably make it work?

3. alexandre-fiset

alexandre-fiset

@tylerinthezoo I'm not sure what you are referring to, as I couldn't find "Allow Debugging" in the player settings, but here is our build setup:
    • Unity 2023.3.22
    • Scripting Backend IL2CPP
    • Api Compatibility Level .Net Standard 2.1
    • C++ Compiler Configuration Master
    • Not a development build (so no Script Debugging)

4. tylerinthezoo

tylerinthezoo

Unity Technologies

in the player setting, you can change the il2cpp master to release. Please file a bug for us to take a closer look at it. Thanks a lot!