Search Unity

Bug Build failed after Unity update

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by magsoftware, Oct 21, 2022.

1. magsoftware

magsoftware

Hello, I've updated my project to Unity 2022.1.19f1. I cannot build my game anymore.. I receive these errors:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Building Library\Bee\artifacts\Android\fy9m9\libil2cpp.so failed with output:
    2. C:/Users/magst/AppData/Local/Android/Sdk/ndk/21.3.6528147/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/windows-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.9.x/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin\ld.gold.exe: internal error in arm_branch_common, at /buildbot/src/android/binutils/toolchain/binutils/binutils-2.27/gold/arm.cc:4063
    3. clang++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

If I change C++ COMPILER SETTINGS from MASTER to RELEASE in Player Settings I can build my game but there is a huge delay between scenes. The game starts after 1 minute, changing scenes takes over 30-40 seconds and other issues.

How to fix it?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  2. krishna_vincellstudios

krishna_vincellstudios

Same issue with Unity 2021.3.11f1 LTS. Did you find any solution?
    Thanks.

3. magsoftware

magsoftware

No, I did not find any solution..
    If I change in Build Settings -> Player Settings -> Other Settings -> C++ Compiler Configuration from MASTER to RELEASE, Unity builds my game but I have a big delay between scenes.

4. krishna_vincellstudios

krishna_vincellstudios

So we can't release the game with this work around.

5. magsoftware

magsoftware

You can try it.. maybe it works for you..
    Did you manage to build it with C++ compiler configuration set to RELEASE?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  6. krishna_vincellstudios

krishna_vincellstudios

Hi,
    I can make build after changing C++ compiler configuration to RELEASE. It looks like build fails because of a bug in android r21 NDK. Unity 2022.2 and later, where Unity uses the r23 NDK and the lld linker. This bug is not present in that version.

7. magsoftware

magsoftware

I still cannot build my project with Unity v2022.2. Glad to hear that you solved it. I will try to fix my project too. Cheers!