Search Unity

Build Errors 'the type or namespace name' - Cinemachine 2.2.8 in Unity 2018.1

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by livefastdynasty, Mar 7, 2019.

1. livefastdynasty

livefastdynasty

Hi, I'm still pretty new to Unity so please let me know if I am doing something really dumb but I'm having issues with building my game out now that I have installed Cinemachine.

I downloaded CM through the package manager, version 2.2.8, running on Unity 2018.1

In my game, there is a cutscene that is deactivated and activated when the player presses a button in a trigger zone.

It all works perfectly fine in play mode, however when I try to build the game out I get these errors:

AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineShot.cs(3,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Timeline' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

/AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineTrack.cs(4,19): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `Timeline' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineShot.cs(16,58): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IPropertyPreview' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineTrack.cs(15,37): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `TrackAsset' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineShot.cs(28,65): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IPropertyCollector' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

AppData/Local/Unity/cache/packages/packages.unity.com/com.unity.cinemachine@2.2.8/Runtime/Timeline/CinemachineTrack.cs(17,34): error CS0115: `Cinemachine.Timeline.CinemachineTrack.CreateTrackMixer(UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableGraph, UnityEngine.GameObject, int)' is marked as an override but no suitable method found to override

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

I just tried installing Cinemachine 2.2.8 with Unity 2018.1.9f2. There are no error messages. Can you double-check your versions?

If in fact you're using Unity 2019.1, then you will get such messages if you try CM 2.2.8. The minimum CM version for 2019.1 is 2.3.x.

3. livefastdynasty

livefastdynasty

I am using 2018.1.1f1 and I am still getting the same error.s

Attached Files:

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you upgrade to a more current version of Unity? My guess is that the problems will go away by themselves.