Search Unity

Build errors in Canvas

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by MachairaJP, Oct 25, 2021.

1. MachairaJP

MachairaJP

I had to copy the AndroidPlayer playbackengine folder from a new version on another machine than the 2019.4.29f1 version I'm using as Unity Hub refuses to install the Android components (I'm uninstalled and reinstalled 5 times :( ) and now when attempting to build the Android version I'm getting weird errors:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Layout\CanvasScaler.cs(241,20): error CS0117: 'Canvas' does not contain a definition for 'preWillRenderCanvases'
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Layout\CanvasScaler.cs(253,20): error CS0117: 'Canvas' does not contain a definition for 'preWillRenderCanvases'
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Layout\CanvasScaler.cs(302,43): error CS1061: 'Canvas' does not contain a definition for 'renderingDisplaySize' and no accessible extension method 'renderingDisplaySize' accepting a first argument of type 'Canvas' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any ideas why I'm getting this? Seems unrelated to a platform. The Windows version builds just fine.

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

You cannot copy playbackengine from a different Unity version, the errors you're seeing might be the side effect of this.

Not sure what's the issue with hub, but try manually deleting Unity installation folder and then attempt the install. In case of file lockage, restart PC, before deleting.

3. MachairaJP

MachairaJP

Completely deleted the old folder, attempted to reinstall and got the same error for the 6th time:

upload_2021-10-25_21-53-41.png

Plenty of space on the install drive, so I know it's not that, but since I have no idea what "Validation Failed" means I don't know where to go from here. :(

4. MachairaJP

MachairaJP

What's worse, Unity Hub thinks everything installed fine:

upload_2021-10-25_21-57-41.png

5. MachairaJP

MachairaJP

And I get this wonderful message when I open my project:

upload_2021-10-25_21-59-12.png

6. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I see you're using HUB Beta, there's might be an issue with HUB itself. I'll move your thread to Hub area.

If possible try using non beta version of the Hub

7. Gennady

Gennady

Unity Technologies

It's hard to say without seeing log files, but could you please try this:

- Uninstall Editor (and remove the installation folder if it still exists)
    - Install Editor with "Android Build Support" module only
    - Add Android submodules

8. MachairaJP

MachairaJP

The non-beta version of the Hub doesn't allow me to set the download location, so I can't use it as I don't have the GBs free on my C drive. :(

9. SonuIxia

SonuIxia