Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Build error with multithreading

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by djsell, Dec 10, 2020.

1. djsell

djsell

If I try to build with macOS .NET build target with Release configuration and multithreading enabled, I get a build error.

If I try to build with multithreading disabled in Release, it works.
    If I try to build with multithreading enabled in Debug, it works.

Build Mac-Dotnet-Release failed after 21.08s.
    /Users/dsell/projects/tiny3d-2d/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.ZeroJobs/Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.cs(320,13): error CS0103: The name 'AtomicSafetyHandle' does not exist in the current context
    /Users/dsell/projects/tiny3d-2d/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.ZeroJobs/Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.cs(329,17): error CS0103: The name 'AtomicSafetyHandle' does not exist in the current context
    *** Bee build failed (2.33 seconds), 29 items updated, 337 evaluated

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__29_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:45)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<Build>b__0() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:106)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    This has been fixed in Tiny 0.32 and just FYI the multithreading feature is still expermintal

3. djsell

djsell

Great. Thanks!