Search Unity

Bug Build error with multithreading

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by djsell, Dec 10, 2020.

1. djsell

djsell

If I try to build with macOS .NET build target with Release configuration and multithreading enabled, I get a build error.

If I try to build with multithreading disabled in Release, it works.
    If I try to build with multithreading enabled in Debug, it works.

Build Mac-Dotnet-Release failed after 21.08s.
    /Users/dsell/projects/tiny3d-2d/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.ZeroJobs/Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.cs(320,13): error CS0103: The name 'AtomicSafetyHandle' does not exist in the current context
    /Users/dsell/projects/tiny3d-2d/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.dots.runtime@0.31.0-preview.24/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.ZeroJobs/Unity.Jobs.LowLevel.cs(329,17): error CS0103: The name 'AtomicSafetyHandle' does not exist in the current context
    *** Bee build failed (2.33 seconds), 29 items updated, 337 evaluated

UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__29_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:45)
    Unity.Build.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<Build>b__0() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:106)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    This has been fixed in Tiny 0.32 and just FYI the multithreading feature is still expermintal

3. djsell

djsell

Great. Thanks!

unityunity