Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Error : Starting a Gradle Daemon, 2 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for deta

Discussion in 'Android' started by makizume, Jul 27, 2021.

1. makizume

makizume

Hi I need you guys help on my build error...
    I have no idea what they are saying. I have searched them, but was not able to solve these issues.

please kindly help me.
    I would appreciate if you can advise me what each error says.

I am currently using Unity 2020.3.12
    also I am trying to implement Chartboost SDK for Amazon App Store.
    I don't know it causes the problem.

thank you
    Shota

error #1
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Starting a Gradle Daemon, 2 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details
    3. > Configure project :launcher
    4. WARNING: The option 'android.enableR8' is deprecated and should not be used anymore.
    5. It will be removed in a future version of the Android Gradle plugin, and will no longer allow you to disable R8.
    6. Failed to fetch URL https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/addon.xml/sys-img.xml, reason: IO Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/addon.xml/sys-img.xml
    7. Failed to fetch URL
    8. Found Amazon Fire TV SDK Addon, Android API 17, revision 1
    9. Found Amazon Fire Phone SDK Addon, Android API 17, revision 3
    10. Found Amazon Fire Tablet SDK Addon, Android API 19, revision 3
    11. Found Kindle Fire USB Driver, revision 8
    12. Found Amazon Fire Phone Build Tools, revision 1
    13. Found Amazon Maps API v2, revision 2.2
    14. Checking the license for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 in /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/licenses
    15. Warning: License for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 not accepted.
    17. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    Error #2
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    3. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    5. * What went wrong:
    6. Could not determine the dependencies of task ':unityLibrary:ChartboostSDK.androidlib:generateReleaseRFile'.
    7. > Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
    8.      build-tools;29.0.3 Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3
    9.   To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
    10.   Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html
    12.   Using Android SDK: /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK
    14. * Try:
    15. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
    17. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    19. BUILD FAILED in 15s
    21. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    Error #3
    Code (CSharp):
    1. CommandInvokationFailure: Gradle build failed.
    2. /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/OpenJDK/bin/java -classpath "/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/Tools/gradle/lib/gradle-launcher-5.6.4.jar" org.gradle.launcher.GradleMain "-Dorg.gradle.jvmargs=-Xmx4096m" "assembleRelease"
    4. stderr[
    5. Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
    7. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.
    9. * What went wrong:
    10. Could not determine the dependencies of task ':unityLibrary:ChartboostSDK.androidlib:generateReleaseRFile'.
    11. > Failed to install the following Android SDK packages as some licences have not been accepted.
    12.      build-tools;29.0.3 Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3
    13.   To build this project, accept the SDK license agreements and install the missing components using the Android Studio SDK Manager.
    14.   Alternatively, to transfer the license agreements from one workstation to another, see http://d.android.com/r/studio-ui/export-licenses.html
    16.   Using Android SDK: /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK
    18. * Try:
    19. Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.
    21. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org
    23. BUILD FAILED in 15s
    24. ]
    25. stdout[
    26. Starting a Gradle Daemon, 2 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details
    28. > Configure project :launcher
    29. WARNING: The option 'android.enableR8' is deprecated and should not be used anymore.
    30. It will be removed in a future version of the Android Gradle plugin, and will no longer allow you to disable R8.
    31. Failed to fetch URL https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/addon.xml/sys-img.xml, reason: IO Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL: https://s3.amazonaws.com/android-sdk-manager/redist/addon.xml/sys-img.xml
    32. Failed to fetch URL
    33. Found Amazon Fire TV SDK Addon, Android API 17, revision 1
    34. Found Amazon Fire Phone SDK Addon, Android API 17, revision 3
    35. Found Amazon Fire Tablet SDK Addon, Android API 19, revision 3
    36. Found Kindle Fire USB Driver, revision 8
    37. Found Amazon Fire Phone Build Tools, revision 1
    38. Found Amazon Maps API v2, revision 2.2
    39. Checking the license for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 in /Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2020.3.12f1/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/licenses
    40. Warning: License for package Android SDK Build-Tools 29.0.3 not accepted.
    41. ]
    42. exit code: 1
    43. UnityEditor.Android.Command.WaitForProgramToRun (UnityEditor.Utils.Program p, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    44. UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    45. UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, UnityEditor.Android.Command+WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    46. UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools.RunJava (System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.Action`1[T] progress, System.String error) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    47. UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1[T] progress) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    48. Rethrow as GradleInvokationException: Gradle build failed
    49. UnityEditor.Android.GradleWrapper.Run (UnityEditor.Android.AndroidJavaTools javaTools, System.String workingdir, System.String task, System.Action`1[T] progress) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    50. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildGradleProject.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    51. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    52. Rethrow as BuildFailedException: Exception of type 'UnityEditor.Build.BuildFailedException' was thrown.
    53. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.CancelPostProcess.AbortBuild (System.String title, System.String message, System.Exception ex) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    54. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    55. UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    56. UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (UnityEditor.Modules.BuildPostProcessArgs args, UnityEditor.BuildProperties& outProperties) (at <2c6e9a95f1dd4e06ad71afcd2684dcb7>:0)
    57. UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup targetGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, System.Int32 width, System.Int32 height, UnityEditor.BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.Build.Reporting.BuildReport report) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:337)
    58. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)
    Error #4
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
    2.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002be] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:190
    3.   at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPlayerWindowBuildMethods.cs:95
    4. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/IMGUI/GUIUtility.cs:189)

wansy likes this.
  2. GoodAUB

GoodAUB

Hi,

did you find the solution?

Thank you

3. Voxel-Busters

Voxel-Busters

Solution 1
    Try setting Target API as 31 and follow the update SDK prompt

Solution 2
    Copy build-tools/29.0.3 from your default Android SDK (if it doesn't exist, download from android studio -> Sdk manager) and paste it in your Unity's Android sdk build-tools folder.

4. GoodAUB

GoodAUB

I uninstalled Unity and Android Studio then installed Unity.
    it worked this way

5. lanceroy

lanceroy

I had this error and couldn't figure it out for several days. Ultimately I needed to update my Android SDK.
    However, I couldn't get Unity to update my Android SDK automatically, it simply was not working. So I had to manually update the Android SDK.

Here is a great video that explains everything better than I can! Cheers.

geraldp48 likes this.