Search Unity

Resolved Build Error: action.json removed then not found when building

Discussion in 'VR' started by Andricho, Mar 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andricho

Andricho

Hi!

I'm currentlyy using unity Unity 2017.3.0f3 (64-bit) and SteamVR Unity Plugin - v2.0.

I'm trying to build my first VR-project for my HTC Vive. The problem is that when I try to build it, it removes my action.json file, then gives me an FileNotFoundException error that the action.json doees not exist.

The way I'm creating the action.json is: Window > SteamVr Input > *clicking yes on creating an example actions.jon file* > Open binding UI > Replace Default (for my HTC vive controller) > Save and generate.

The actions.json file and a couple of other json file is thereafter succesfully builded and placed in the root of the project. But as soon as I try to build the project after, the actions.json file gets deleted and I get the following massive error messages:

"[SteamVR] Actions file does not exist in project root: C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Unity Development/My Game\actions.json
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input:InitializeFile(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/SteamVR_Input.cs:705)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:Initialize() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:256)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:CheckFileInitialized() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:277)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:329)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    "

"[SteamVR Input] Could not copy file: C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Unity Development/My Game/Assets/SteamVR/Input/ExampleJSON\bindings_holographic_controller.json to path: C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Unity Development/My Game/bindings_holographic_controller.json
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_CopyExampleInputFiles:CopyFiles(Boolean) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_CopyExampleInputFiles.cs:62)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:CopyOrClose() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:266)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:CheckFileInitialized() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:285)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_EditorWindow.cs:329)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)"

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.LayoutFromContainer (Single w, Single h) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:182)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.EndContainerGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/UIElementsUtility.cs:164)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:267)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:330)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoRepaint (IStylePainter painter) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/IMGUIContainer.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, Matrix4x4 offset, Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:532)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.PaintSubTreeChildren (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, Matrix4x4 offset, Rect textureClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:547)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.PaintSubTree (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.VisualElement root, Matrix4x4 offset, Rect currentGlobalClip) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:536)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.Panel.Repaint (UnityEngine.Event e) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/Panel.cs:564)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/UIElementsUtility.cs:236)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (Int32 instanceID, IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/UIElements/Managed/UIElementsUtility.cs:78)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (Int32 instanceID, IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUIUtility.cs:175)
    "

"FileNotFoundException: C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Unity Development/My Game\actions.json does not exist
    System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:107)
    System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:86)
    Valve.VR.SteamVR_Input_PostProcessBuild.OnPostprocessBuild (BuildTarget target, System.String pathToBuiltProject) (at Assets/SteamVR/Input/Editor/SteamVR_Input_PostProcessBuild.cs:40)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces+AttributeCallbackWrapper.OnPostprocessBuild (BuildTarget target, System.String path) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:86)
    UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.OnBuildPostProcess (BuildTarget platform, System.String path, Boolean strict) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:324)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility: ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    "

"Error building Player: FileNotFoundException: C:/Users/Me/Desktop/Unity Development/My Game\actions.json does not exist"

2. Andricho

Andricho

This issue was solved by creating a whole new directory for the build.

Shuaden likes this.
  3. Shuaden

Shuaden

Hi, having the same issue, how did you manage to make a new directory for the build?

4. Andricho

Andricho

Hi, I simply created a new folder and put the whole project in there. Solved everything.

5. kylestrader94

kylestrader94

I was running into the same error, I found that in order to truly bring your actions and bindings into a build you need to hit the "Replace Default Binding" in the Binding UI when you are editing your binding. Hope this helps.

6. DOUAUD

DOUAUD

You save my mental health kylestrader94 !! Thx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.