Search Unity

Build crashes on sharedassets6.assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nieyoub23, Apr 12, 2017.

1. nieyoub23

nieyoub23

Since I updated to Unity 5.6 I havent been able to build anything because it gets stuck on sharedassets6.assets and I eventually just have to shut down Unity to stop the build. Before updating I successfully built this same project to test it out but now on both my Macbook Pro and on Windows 64bit desktop I get this issue. Is anyone else experiencing this? I tried a few different things that I've seen on other threads such as deleting temporary files and turning my firewall off but get the same result.

2. moco2k

moco2k

Did you have any luck with your problem?

I am currently experiencing the issue with 5.6 that my build times takes forever. Before, it was about 1-2 minutes, now it's about 30 minutes. Something seems to be wrong, but I just cannot figure out what's causing this.

3. nieyoub23

nieyoub23

It has to do with the shaders. I had added the standard shader to the "Always Included Shaders" in the Project Settings. I still am having issues building since updating to 5.6, but since I removed the shader I at least dont get hung up on that part of the build.