Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug Build crashes after updating Unity from 2021 to 2022.3.24f1

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by PoinkGames, Apr 17, 2024.

1. PoinkGames

PoinkGames

Build crashes in several cases (always in the same cases) after updating Unity from 2021 to 2022.3.24f1, but not in the editor and not as a developer build. No errors in the log files and I have no clue how to fix that. Any recommendations?

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

You can try attach the debugger but for release builds this may not be too informative unless you disable optimization (see player settings).

This is generally what I would try first, knowing it works in dev/debug builds but not release: change optimization settings and disable code stripping. If any of these make the crash go away, I'd try to narrow down the actual setting that causes the crash and then perhaps reason about causes or whether to just lower the optimization/stripping level.

If it still crashes without optimizations at least debugging is easier if the code is unoptimized (ie executed "as is").

3. PoinkGames

PoinkGames

Thank you for your help! I have tried disabling stripping but it still crashes at the same point. Also added a debugging console to the release build which shows no error. I've googled everything I can think of on the subject but couldn't find anything.

It loads the "LoadingScene", which had only one script. It does an update and crashes. No errors nothing
    upload_2024-4-17_17-47-12.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  4. PoinkGames

PoinkGames

Still need help on this, any ideas?