Search Unity

Build can't find files and crashes?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by GroundCombo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. GroundCombo

GroundCombo

Android cloud builds have worked well for us for a while, but lately all builds are stopping at a particular point starting with "file not found" errors and then a lot of missing prefabs. I've uploaded the weird part of the build log: http://pastebin.com/hrUpkTuU

We've tried a clean build (same result), creating another project (same) and building locally from a clean repository clone (works fine). Is there some setting I've missed that could break things?

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

It looks like the Library folder is checked in, can you ensure it's not checked in? Otherwise, what was the last thing you checked in before it broke? Have you checked the Unity Version used matches the local one?

3. GroundCombo

GroundCombo

Library isn't checked in and I can't find anything suspicious in the commits. I suppose I could try pinpointing where it breaks.

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Please also check if you updated the Android SDK version.

5. GroundCombo

GroundCombo

Well, I narrowed it down to a specific commit that changes import settings for a bunch of sounds (metafile changes only). Weird. I'll try reimporting the sounds and building a test branch tomorrow to see if it fixes things.

David-Berger likes this.
  6. GroundCombo

GroundCombo

I iterated through a few failed builds to reimport all the sounds the cloud didn't like for some reason; now it works again. Strangely enough, the log still had "file not found" errors for other sounds I didn't touch (they were also added after the first failed commit)... but it still works. *shrug*

wbknox likes this.