Search Unity

Question Build Apple Unity Plug-Ins on PC

Discussion in 'Authentication' started by newlife, Jan 19, 2023.

1. newlife

newlife

2. MiTschMR

MiTschMR

It may sound dumb, but you can't publish for any Apple platform without a Mac (correct me if I am wrong though). I used a Mac VM with VMware to do that, afaik there are no (other) alternatives for PC users.

3. newlife

newlife

Thats not true, you can use cloud build and iTools to build and deploy the app, Im using this approach since years

ArtemVy and MiTschMR like this.
  4. ArtemVy

ArtemVy

Any news on this topic? Got same question. Building your own plugins sounds over complicated.

5. SebT_Unity

SebT_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hey folks,
    My understanding is that you are trying to build on a PC for an IOS device.
    You are running into a problem since you don't have access to Xcode on a PC and require a Mac computer to use Xcode.

I would recommend looking into Unity Cloud Build Automation as a possible alternative. You will have access to python on those machines.

6. ErezShahaf

ErezShahaf

They are trying to build the apple unity plugin : https://github.com/apple/unityplugins
    Is there a why to provide a finished build of the package so that windows user would be able to use without xcode?

7. Niroan

Niroan

Super retarded way, i build on Windows and send to Apple machine to publish for Mac. Now i need to start up the Mac computer in order for me to create simple package for unity. Which will work with Windows editor... What a way to make development even more complicated