Search Unity

Bug Bugged shaders in build

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by Krzys292, May 24, 2023.

1. Krzys292

Krzys292

Hello,

I have recently stumbled upon a problem with shaders after Unity upgrade. I have been using Unity 2020 LTS (and corresponding URP version), but I've decided to switch to Unity 2022.2, as it brings forward+ render path, which I need. However, strange things are happening - in the Unity editor everything seems to be working just fine, but in build many objects seem to be glowing in the dark, as showed in the picture. The objects that are glowing, are both those that have materials with normal URP Lit shader, and those with custom shaders. It also doesn't matter whether the materials have a properly set metallic-smoothness map. The issue hasn't been occuring in 2020 LTS, however it also seems to be present in 2021 LTS - no matter what render path was chosen - it looks like update of Unity from 2020 LTS messed with something.

Has any of you also encountered such a problem? I've tested many different options, but none of my solutions were working, and I couldn't find any post about this topic on the forum. Current version of Unity that I'm using is 2022.2.9f1 (newer patches didn't repair the issue), with URP 14.0.6. Maybe it has something to do with the build settings, as the problem doesn't occur in the Unity editor? I would really appreciate if someone could help me on this one. Thanks!

screen1.png screen2.png